Friday, October 7, 2011

We hope he survives. Seriously.

IMG_6008_2
The date of this photograph is Sunday the 25th of September, that will play an important role later in this post. Sunday morning Chad brought the kids to meet their brother. I knew a few moments before they got to my room that they were arriving. Lily is the ultimate announcer. Chad took Lily into the NICU to meet Jack for the first time. She was very excited but had no clue that this was her brother.

IMG_6016
In her mind it's probably just another stop on the roller coaster of fun. Over the next five(another important detail to remember) days of me being in the hospital is when I think it began to set in.

IMG_6048_2
Here we are on our first afternoon home with Jack, Wednesday. Notice anything similar? No? Ah, yes the dress is the same. Yes, Lily wore the same dress for five days straight while I was in the hospital. Chad would like me to include that she also wore a swimsuit a couple of afternoons.

IMG_6052_2

IMG_6053_2

IMG_6054
I remember thinking when I brought home my other babies, how huge my older kids looked to me now. It was like those couple of days of me being in the hospital they had up and grown up on me. It was the same with Lily. She seemed so much older, I could understand everything she was saying, even the hilarious line, "MOM!!! Jacqkswen is kissing your boobie!"

IMG_6056
Lily was soooo excited to meet Jackson. She kept repeating his name over and over again. I want to always remember what that sounded like, Jacqkswen. She wanted to hold him so much. She's a wee bit crazy though so I convinced her that laying next to Jack was the funnest thing she could do with her brother.

. . .praying for Jack's safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment