Friday, October 7, 2011

This boy knows his way around a boobie.

IMG_0236
Hopefully none of Chad's friends still read this blog. Or anyone else. But I use this as my journal and I must remember this. Jack! You're such a man! You are an amazing little nurser. The nurses in NICU wanted you to do a training session for the other babies, they seriously did tell me that. You just came out and knew just what to do, which is so amazing for a little guy with all that you have going on.

IMG_0239
The hours that I've spent with you have been so sweet. Your little hands holding on and watching your beautiful eyes grow wider and wider as you get down to business. And the noises! I could seriously die. So friggin sweet. I'm going to make a soundtrack and play it on my IPOD or at least a ringtone. Seriously. so. cute.

IMG_0240
Ohhhh yeah.

IMG_6126
Gentian Violet saves the day, but saying it's a wee bit messy, is an understatement. Something funny that I do not want to forget. Owen calls the act of nursing, nourishing. I've corrected him twice but have given up for two reasons; 1-Technically he is correct in what the act of nursing is doing, it is nourishing Jack, and 2-I laugh on the inside every time he says it. And ya'all know how much I love a good laugh!

1 comment:

  1. i dearly miss nursing a baby! and i'm laughing because of his little purplicious mouth... gentian violet is probably about the best thing out there for thrush, and the worst for crib layettes. Jack is adorable and we're SO happy he is doing well. Good work w/the boobie baby boy!

    ReplyDelete